Monday, May 5, 2008

Eryn Foster Withdrawing from Assembly Race

Press Release
For Immediate Release Contact: Eryn Foster
May 5, 2008 (518) 337-3603


Eryn Foster Withdrawing from Assembly Race

Halfmoon, NY - - In an effort to help maintain a united front for the Republican Party, and after careful consideration, it is with a heavy heart that I, Eryn Foster, am withdrawing my name from the race for the Assembly seat of the 109th district.

Originally, I made the decision to run against the Democratic incumbent Bob Reilly back in July of last year, and after much research, legwork, and many meetings, I officially announced my candidacy in January of this year. My focus has always been to give a voice to the “everyday” person like myself. Although the way in which I will now go about this has changed, I will continue to be an active participant within the community and will still be dedicated to making officials hear the concerns of my fellow business owners, parents, taxpayers, and hard working citizens. Stepping aside is a decision I did not make lightly, nor is it where I would have hoped to be at this point in the race; however, becoming an Assemblyman was never about me, but rather, what I could do to serve my peers. Ultimately, I believe this is the right thing to do. Although the endorsements have not been announced by the district’s Republican parties, it is essential that there not be a division. A divided Republican party would prove to be costly in terms of not only money, energy and time, but would take away strength and could lead to a split of votes between Republicans and Conservatives. A united front for the Republican Party is vital to maintain the strength it needs in a race against a Democratic incumbent.

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to those who have stood beside me and supported me from the beginning. It has been a journey filled with interesting experiences and we have all learned a great deal along the way. While I am saddened to not have had the opportunity to represent and serve, I will continue to find ways to be a voice for my community and I challenge you all to demand that from any elected official.

###

For more information about Eryn Foster, please visit www.eryn.politicalgateway.com or http://fosterforassembly.blogspot.com.

Friends of Eryn Foster
PO Box 4045
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 337-3603
www.eryn.politicalgateway.com

Foster For Assembly
"Fostering Our Future"

No comments: